Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Found a job!

Interviewed for my first job teaching English on Monday morning, and I got it! Even had a student assigned to me right away, and I started teaching him on Tuesday. He's a local guy who needs to learn English for his job. So we're off and running. Now all I need is about 10 more students before I can maybe pay my rent every month. I make 27 pesos/hour teaching 1-on-1, which is about $7.50, so as you can figure, one student won't make ends meet. I am also bar-backing at a cool place called Casa Bar ( www.casabarbuenosaires.com ) It's known as a USA-friendly bar because they broadcast a lot of US sports, including the Super Bowl last Sunday. I started that night as kind of an audition. I guess I passed, because they want me back 4 nights this week. Sounds like the owner, a US guy, would like to make me some kind of manager, so we'll see. I'd rather not fall back into a nighttime work schedule, but beggars can't be choosers, and if I'm making $7.50 an hour as a teacher, 3 hours a week so far, I am indeed begging for work. Plus, it's a good way to meet people. That's it for now. Hope all's well in the good ol' USA!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the job, bro!! And keep blogging. Maybe some vid soon, yeah?

    ReplyDelete