Monday, March 1, 2010

America's Favorite Pastime, in South America




Hey all-


So one of the best things I've done for myself since I've been here is that I joined a baseball team called The Shankees. We're known as the American team, and for good reason. It's mostly US expats, from Jersey, Colorado, and anywhere else. Mix in a guy from Nicaragua and a few Venezuelans, and you've got yourself a "mediocre" ballclub. Yeah, we're admittedly not the best team in the league (proven by our 25-11 loss to a local team in our Opener last Saturday), but we have the most fun. Kinda like the Bad News Bears... we even call our manager "Buttermaker". It's just low-key, "hope to win" baseball, and it's been a blast so far. I've been playing centerfield mostly, and no errors YET. Check out the video of me ripping a standup, RBI double into the right-center gap last Saturday!


Love you all. Hope you're doing great.




No comments:

Post a Comment