Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My first Argentine vacation




So my new job is going well, and what's even better is that I got a chance to go to Patagonia last week. I left Thursday night on an overnight bus (with a scary view from the upper deck: SEE VIDEO) and arrived 22 hours later in San Martin de los Andes. Really cool town. Like one big outdoor apparel store. That's where I met my buddy Remington, from LA. He's been living there for the last 2 months. We did a hike that day, hung out for the night, and then went to Villa Angostura on Lago Nahuel Huapi, where we had a private fishing guide; a local Argentine who took us out on his boat and even put us up at his family's house. It was the REAL experience, with a rooster alarm clock and all. Fish weren't biting, but it was a lot of fun.
On Sunday, we cruised down to Bariloche, which many call "The Switzerland of South America". If you've been anywhere in Switzerland, like I have, you have to agree. Check out the video (coming soon) of the paraglider we saw from the highest point on the hill above the town.
Spent a day in Bariloche before the loooonnnggg bus ride back to Buenos Aires. Got back Tuesday afternoon, and now it's back to work :(
Great time, though. Enjoy the pics and videos, and I'd love to hear your comments.
-Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment