Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Saw Argentina's World Cup team

Hey all-
My friend Kenny visited from LA this past week, plus my friend Rem came to Buenos Aires from Patagonia, so the 3 of us had some fun. Argentina was celebrating the Bicentennial of the revolution that led to its independence, and there were an estimated 6 million people at this party over 4 days. Madness. We also got a chance to see Argentina's World Cup soccer team in a "friendly"/warmup match against Canada. More madness. I now understand how people get trampled and die at soccer games. Argentina's star, Lionel Messi, considered the best player in the world, was nursing a minor injury, so I was bummed that he didn't play. Still a cool experience, though. I got a goal on camera, with crowd reaction, so enjoy.
-Brent

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brent,
    My name is Melissa and I too have recently moved to Buenos Aires. I read in one of your earlier posts that you got a job at Press TV´s new Argentina bureau and am wondering about similar employment òpportunities. I am a young Australian reporter, fluent in Spanish and am curious as to whether you are able to help me out? I have been in touch with station representatives in Iran but would love the chance to visit the Bs As office and investigate job possibilities.
    Thanks! My email is melissa@abalo.org

    ReplyDelete